Love bundt cakes? Then you’ll love this Apple Cake with Cinnamon Glaze! Easy, flavorful and chocked full of apples!
HAPPY FRIDAY!!! It surely is a joyous day! I love Friday’s. I honestly used to care less about them but that was when I was working weekends so I never got excited over them. Now I get to 🙂 Anyone have any awesome plans? I just want to lay around and catch up on some sleep, if that is possible. I doubt it, kids come first, mama comes last.
Ever since I became a mom almost 11 years ago (OMG where has the time gone?) I have been one of those mom’s that literally puts themselves last. I don’t even remember the last time that I bought something for myself. Correction, I did buy a $4.00 book off of eBay a few weeks back. I’m the one who my family has to write in their birthday cards to make sure and use the gift card on myself, since I’m notorious for spending it on them. I know it’s not a bad thing to be this way, but everyone say’s I need to do something for myself. So this is a hard process for me. I think I got into baking and writing this blog because it was something I was doing for myself. My passion. Something to take my mind away even just for the littlest of moments.
I love creating things, I love eating things. What better way to do that then to connect with other people who share that very same interest. This community of us bloggers is vast and welcoming and I appreciate all the kind words that people have shared and some of the people I have met along the way. Like I wrote in my very first post, this isn’t the first blog that I have started. I had one about 3 years ago that unfortunately I wasn’t able to devote myself to like I wanted because I had just found out I was pregnant and with 3 kids on top of that I felt like I had no time. Now that my daughter is nearing 2 and my boys all older I feel like I can finally start this journey over again!
Anyways!!! Enough with the sappy crap! Who wants cake!? If I had to pick my favorite dessert it would be cake. Every time my husband sees me with cake he always called me “cake eater”. I don’t entirely understand the humor behind it, but he sure thinks it’s a riot. I used to make this cake when I was working at a group home. Those clients loved desserts. We were blessed to be able to create and make anything we wanted. So needless to say, it offered a lot of room for me to spark my creative ideas. This cake is so moist and flavorful and with chunks of diced apple it gives that nice burst of flavor! The only thing I really altered in this recipe is the glaze. The original recipe calls for a honey glaze but I’ve never been much of a honey person so I switched it up for a cinnamon glaze. NUMMO!!
Apple Cake with Cinnamon Glaze
- 3 cups apples diced and peel left on
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable or canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1-2 Tbs milk
- Pre-heat oven to 325.
- Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In bowl, mix together diced apples. vanilla and cinnamon, set aside.
- In another bowl mix together your flour, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- In large bowl mix together your sugar, oil and eggs with hand mixer until combined.
- Slowly add in your dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in your apples. Batter will be thick!
- Spoon mixture into bundt pan and bake for 1 1/2 hours or until a knife comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Meanwhile prepare your glaze.
- Mix all ingredients in bowl and stir together until combined.
- Adding more milk to get your desired consistency.
- Once cake is cooked, turn over onto serving dish and drizzle with glaze. Serve!