This one pan garlic butter shrimp with lemon is so easy to make and it’s mind-glowingly delicious. All you need is one pan, shrimp, garlic, butter, lemon, spices, and 15 minutes until dinner is served.
Hey there, heeeyyy! I’m Jen. It’s nice to meet ya!
A little about me and my blog: I’m a mother (to three kiddos) and wife to an awesomely bearded man. We live in Vero Beach, FL where the beach is right around the corner. I heart all things salt water, the sun, my flip flops, fishing, and food. I like to go through life with a sarcastic sense of humor, because, well, it’s life. I love all things food and I share delish food recipes (and our once-a-month Life Currently so you can see what goes on behind the scenes of our crazy kitchen) over at So Damn Delish. Over there our recipes are tried and true and must meet the following “requirements”: easy, budget friendly, flavorful bold, and delish! Come on over and say heeeyyy…
So, enough about me. 😉 Let’s talk about why I’m all excited to be here today sharing my easy one pan garlic butter shrimp and asparagus with lemon.
Who doesn’t love when dinner clean up is a breeze (one pan, baby!), the food tastes delish, and it takes under 15 minutes to make? This girl sure does…
Why You Need This One Pan Garlic Butter Shrimp and Asparagus with Lemon in Your Life:
- Because butter, lemon, and garlic: we are total fans of anything with butter, lemon, and garlic. These three things can take any dish from blah to wow! The combo of all three in this recipe are a surefire hit. I just can’t even. We were literally wanting to lick the pan because the combo of the lemon, garlic, and butter was so delicious. But, instead, we served this with some crusty bread to dip into that butter, lemon, and garlic goodness.
- Easy cleanup: you only need one baking sheet for this recipe. We use a half bakers sheet to make this. It’s the perfect size. See? Easy peasy.
- Time: This recipe requires only 14 minutes in the oven. Say whaaatt?!? Yep- less than 14 minutes cooking time, baby!
Steps to Make these Garlic Butter Shrimp and Asparagus
- Asparagus: lay these bad boys on the right side of the pan and top with sliced butter, chopped garlic, and salt/pepper. Cook for 4-6 minutes.
- Shrimp: Throw shrimp into a gallon size ziplock bag with butter, garlic, and spices and shake to coat. Add shrimp to left side of pan, top with butter, and cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Serve: After only 14 minutes of cooking time you will serve the asparagus and shrimp with lemon wedges, if desired. We l-o-v-e lemon so we always do this!
So, let’s recap what this one pan garlic shrimp and asparagus with lemon recipe is all about: an easy one pan meal, bold and flavorful, easy clean up, and the lemon,butter, and garlic combo is to. die. for. What other reasons do you need to make this awesome recipe?!
Now, let’s do this…
Thanks to Alli for letting me share this recipe with you! I hope you come on over and say heeeyy!
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 Tablespoons butter, sliced into 8 pieces
- 4-5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- lemon wedges, for serving
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 pound thin to medium asparagus, trimmed
- 2 Tablespoons butter, sliced into 4 pieces
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- salt & pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Arrange asparagus in single layer on the right side of a baking sheet. Add 2 teaspoons chopped garlic cloves and salt/pepper, to taste. Toss to combine. Place 4 pieces of butter on top of asparagus. Bake for 4-6 minutes.
While asparagus are roasting add shrimp, chopped garlic, parsley, paprika, and red pepper flakes to gallon ziplock bag. Shake until combined and shrimp are coated with spices.
Remove asparagus from oven. Dump shrimp from gallon ziplock bag onto left side of pan. Place 8 slices of butter over shrimp. Salt/pepper, to taste. Bake shrimp and asparagus for 6-8 minutes, or until shrimp are opaque and fully cooked and asparagus is soft yet crisp.
Remove pan from oven. Add 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice to shrimp. Toss to combine. Add 1 teaspoon lemon juice to asparagus. Toss to combine. Add s & p, to taste. Serve shrimp and asparagus with lemon wedges, if desired.