This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BringYourBestBowl #Walmart #CollectiveBias
Are you guy’s big oatmeal lovers like my family? We use it in so many different things, the versatility of its use is endless! Whether it be baking into cookies, cooking into meatballs or creating delicious bowls of oatmeal there is just so much you can do with it! Looking back I grew up with the stuff, almost eating it daily as a go-to quick snack! My kids adore it today for breakfast, lunch and dinner and it’s something that we know that everyone will keep enjoying! Not only can you buy it prepackaged in all sorts of flavors, you can find it plain and make your own flavors as well, like this delicious Boston Cream Pie Oatmeal using Quaker® Oats.
One of my all time favorite desserts has always been Boston Cream Pie, so obviously I had to turn it into something I start out my day with! Although I’ve been known to eat dessert for breakfast on quite a few occasions, no judgement! Right now Quaker® Oats is having their Bring Your Best Bowl contest where you can create your own flavor of oatmeal using 2-5 ingredients! The grand prize winner will receive $250,000 – Top recipe entries will be created and sold in stores for a limited time in Fall 2016. How fun is that?!
So for this recipe I headed to my local Walmart where I grabbed Quaker® Oats Old Fashioned Oats and the rest of my ingredients to make this bowl of heaven! Seriously, it tastes so much like the actual cake that this is one of those recipes I’m keeping on my regular breakfast rotation! Talk about kids never being more happy about breakfast! Score!! Happy kids = happy mom!
This recipe is easy peasy! Make your oatmeal according to package directions, stir in some cake mix which if you’re anything like me you keep a jar of yellow cake mix on hand for those recipes that call for a few Tbs! Next you stir in some french vanilla pudding and top with chocolate. So simple!! Who wouldn’t want to make this! The cake mix plus the addition of pudding make this oatmeal heavenly!
What amazing flavor combination would you create for Quaker® Oats Bring Your Best Bowl contest?
- 1 cup Quaker® Old Fashioned Oats
- 2 cups water or milk
- 7 Tbs yellow cake mix
- 2/3 cup french vanilla pudding*, prepared
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Place chocolate chips in small bowl.
- In another small bowl heat your 1/4 cup heavy cream until boiling, about 1 minute.
- Pour cream over chocolate chips and cover for about 5 minutes, remove cover and stir until chips are melted.
- Set aside and let thicken.
- Meanwhile in saucepan add your water and bring to a boil.
- Stir in oats, occasionally stir until all water is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Place oatmeal into bowl.
- Stir in your cake mix until blended.
- Add your french vanilla pudding and swirl around until combined.
- Drizzle with desired amount of ganache and enjoy!
- You can use a pre-packaged pudding cup if you like. We make larger batches so we make a box of instant french vanilla pudding.