Pumpkin pretzels are baked golden and tossed in a cinnamon sugar mixture making these Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Pretzel Bites an irresistible treat you can’t stop tasting.
I’m a pretzel fan, well more or less I am a soft pretzel fan. I’m not the biggest fan of the ones that come in a bag just because they are too hard for my liking. I blame it on the pretzel stands that they have in the mall food courts that just give off that heavenly smell that I seriously can’t resist.
Now obviously since it’s Fall I had to try to get these buggers to have some Fall theme behind them. I mean what blogger doesn’t want to recreate some of their favorite treats and give them a little spin? I know that is what I do best! Usually I do these plain and I make both cinnamon sugar and parmesan, seriously you guys these pretzel bites are so addicting.
I don’t want to admit that I’ve made a whole batch and they haven’t lasted longer than a day. I also don’t want to admit that it was me devouring them and hiding them from anyone else because I simply didn’t want to share. Is that bad? I mean we all have our days…but come on. HAHA, absolutely no shame here…ok maybe a little, but who’s judging.
I’m sitting home sick today doing absolutely nothing other than watching Netflix and dreaming about food. But I guess the dreaming about food part is pretty common in my house, I think my husband really gets annoyed with me because I can have just eaten a whole meal and I’ll be sitting here talking about craving this or that. I just can’t help myself.
So here I sit, sick as a dog and browsing Pinterest looking at all the nummy food and all I can think about is making these Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Pretzel Bites again. I just wish I could muster up the energy to make them. Luckily my mom is coming to the rescue and bringing my daughter and myself some much-needed sustenance from the café down the road! Woo-hoo, thanks mom!
Ok back to these little bites of heaven. You wont believe how simple they are! Seriously, but if you’ve read my blog for any length of time I really do like simple things. You pretty much whip up everything in one bowl and bake. With these pretzels there is no pre-boiling involved! Saves ya a step!
And they bake up in under 10 minutes, now talk about a fast recipe. It’s like one of the best, quickest desserts, treats, sweets or whatever you want to classify these as that I have on my blog! For reals…I can’t get over them. And I’m hoping the feelings are mutual with you!
They are crisp on the outside (firm not crunchy) and have a nice and soft center. They have a hint of pumpkin to them that’s not overwhelming where you can still taste that it is a pretzel. And the cinnamon sugar on the outside gives it a whole new depth of flavor that just completes these Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Pretzel Bites and puts them over the top!
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup salted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 3-4 cups all-purpose flour
- Heaping 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 450.
- In large bowl mix together your water, butter and yeast and let sit for 5-10 minutes until bubbly and yeast is activated.
- Add in brown sugar, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice until combined.
- 1 cup at a time add in about 3 cups of flour.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface and begin to knead, adding more flour as you go until a soft but not sticky dough forms.
- Split dough in half and stretch into about 12 inch long pieces.
- Cut each dough into 12 pieces and roll into balls and pace on prepared pan.
- Place in oven for about 6-8 minutes or until slightly golden, then remove from oven.
- Meanwhile melt your 1/4 cup butter and combine your sugar and cinnamon together in small bowl.
- Brush tops of pretzel bites with butter and sprinkle on top or roll each pretzel bites in mixture. Serve warm if desired.