This Caramel Pumpkin Spice Earthquake Cake is a delicious combination of spice cake, pumpkin cream cheese, chocolate and caramel all baked up ooey and gooey!
I have to admit, I’ve gone pretty pumpkin crazy this year. I was freaking out when my local grocer didn’t have ANY pumpkin in stock for like 3 weeks. I thought to myself they don’t know about us food bloggers who need their stuff early in the year! But you better know that once it hit shelves I swooped up a bunch of cans, not quite cleaning them out.
Have you seen those Earthquake Cakes around Pinterest and Facebook? If you haven’t I urge you to search for them. They may not be the prettiest cakes on the block but they are seriously addicting. There are so many different flavor combinations that you can create with this cake, literally the possibilities are endless.
Obviously since it is Fall you had to know that I was going to go the Pumpkin Spice route! How could I not. Like I said, I’m slightly addicted and honestly believe that this flavor should be completely acceptable all year long. You may not know this, but I do bake with pumpkin all year long, I just don’t get to share it with you! BOOOOO.
Ok let’s talk about this Caramel Pumpkin Spice Earthquake Cake. The base to this bad boy is a boxed spice cake mix, easy peasy. Then you mix up some pumpkin, cream cheese, spices and powdered sugar and you dollop that and swirl over your cake mix. Now you don’t have to add anything but I like my cakes ooey and gooey so I decided to add some Rolo’s and some white chocolate chips.
Seriously, amazing. This cake I tell ya, hands down one of my favorite cakes. It’s called Earthquake Cake because it has sort of craters and cracks and crevices that you’d see after an earthquake would hit! Who would have thunk huh? So if you love gooey cakes, love a throw and go option and absolutely adore bold flavors then this Caramel Pumpkin Spice Earthquake Cake is for you!
- 1 box Spice Cake Mix (and ingredients need on back)
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp all-spice
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cup Rolo's
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a 9x13" baking pan with non-stick cooking, set aside.
- In bowl mix together Spice cake with ingredients called for on back and pour into prepared pan.
- In medium bowl with hand mixer, mix together your butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Mix in your pumpkin, spices and vanilla until combined.
- Add your powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, checking taste after 3rd cup, if not sweet enough add an additional cup.
- Dollop about 3/4 of your mixture over your cake batter and swirl throughout.
- Sprinkle your Rolo's and white chocolate chips over the top of our cake.
- Bake for about 40-50 minutes or until cake is just about set.
- Remove from oven and top with the rest of your pumpkin cream cheese mixture.
- Let cool for about 10-15 minutes before serving.