This Bacon Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Monkey Bread is perfect for game day! Stuffed with cream cheese, jalapeno and bacon, it’s a fun twist on a classic game day favorite.
I adore Jalapeno Poppers. Always have, always will. They have always been one of my go to snacks for any get together. Obviously this time I wanted my favorite, but I felt like switching it up a little bit and stuffing it into some bread!
Who doesn’t love stuffed bread, it’s all the rage now to see what people can stuff into bread and actually have turn out decent. I have a recipe for this Spinach Dip Stuffed French bread and we absolutely love that! Obviously it’s not monkey bread, but it’s stuff so I think that still counts, right?
So I have to admit something, this post almost didn’t go up. Not because it’s not good, it is. Because I’ve been sick and I haven’t been up to writing lately. But I knew that I needed to try to stick to a schedule and get something up or I would get out of a groove, so you will absolutely have to forgive me if this post isn’t as long as normal.
Trust me, if you’ve read my other posts you know that I can go on and on and on about stuff. Today just isn’t one of those days. I want to feed your eyes and then I want to shut mine. I’m sure there are a few people who can agree with me on that one!
I’ve gotta get myself all rested up for game day this weekend and I can cook up a storm and bring ya’ll some more delicious food. But I do have some yummy stuff coming down the road. Think cakes, soups and breakfast! Yeah baby! I’m more or less excited for the cake aspect of everything because…I’m a cake eater.
But I like to diversify my recipes so I’m going to be rolling out some new stuff here in the next week of so and give you guys some delicious options for multiple meals. But in the mean time try to enjoy these Bacon Jalapeno Pepper Stuffed Monkey Bread!
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 oz. cream cheese, cut into about 32 cubes
- 2 (8 count) cans biscuit dough
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pray a 10" cast iron skillet with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- Cut your biscuit dough in half so each biscuit becomes two.
- Pace a cube of cream cheese in center and top with some jalapenos and bacon pieces and form dough around filing and roll into a ball, add to your skillet.
- Repeat with remaining biscuit pieces.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden
- Remove from oven, combine our melted butter, parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning and brush on top of bread.
- Serve with favorite dipping sauce if desired.