If you haven’t come to conclusion already I’m a huuuuuuge fan of donuts. Not just eating them, I literally have more fun creating different flavors than I do the actual consumption of the things. The possibilities are endless. Yummo is the one word that I can say about donuts. Especially these Strawberry Lime Donuts! Um, yes PLEASE.
So you hear strawberry and lime and you’re like whhhaaattt? For real these flavors are amazing together. Just think strawberry margaritas, or strawberry limeade. Now strawberry lime donuts. These flavors were meant for each other. Like one enhances the other. Two peas in a pod. Harry and Sally. Chocolate and peanut butter. You get the picture right?
I was so surprised when I heard how many people didn’t actually own a donut pan!! I would be lost without mine. I need to get a bigger pan too. I also own a mini donut maker. Yeah can you say obsessed. Now that I’ve piqued your interest you can find donut pans at Target or my husband got mine off Amazon for a sweet suprise…doesn’t happen often but when it does, swoon. Anyways, 3 words to send you off…Go. Make. Now!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 Tbs milk
- 1 Tbs butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup diced strawberries
- 1 cup powered sugar
- 3-4 Tbs. lime juice
- 1 Tbs. lime zest plus extra for topping
- Pre-heat oven to 400.
- In bowl, add all dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Add egg, sour cream, milk, vanilla, butter and stir everything until just combined.
- Gently fold in strawberries.
- Spray your donut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spoon or pipe into wells of donut pan.
- Cook for about 10 minutes or until donuts spring back when touched.
- Remove from oven and dump out of pan and let cool.
- Meanwhile mix together your glaze ingredients.
- Once donuts are cool dip tops of each donut into glaze. Repeat.
- Top with more zest and serve!