It’s Friday ya’ll!! I’m so ready for this week to be over. I have a 2-year-old that has been really hitting up the terrible 2 stage hard lately and this mama is beat! I need some kitchen time so I can unwind! Yes, I take frustrations and stress out in the kitchen. It keeps my mind occupied and it is relaxing to me! Crazy, I’m sure to some of you, but us bakers aren’t cookie cutter 😉 But I think I finally managed to make a 1000 calorie brownie for real! Like I got in that kitchen the other day and decided that this mama needed some chocolate and these Oreo Truffle Brownies were born.
You know for Christmas how you get those delicious Oreo Truffles dipped in chocolate? Yeah these bad boys are frosted in that. I could just eat that all day every day with a spoon, but add it to the top of brownies…oh man. If you aren’t a rich dessert type of person, leave now, cover your eyes before you get any further along, because these guy’s are rich and indulgent! Like chocolate upon chocolate upon chocolate! It seems to never end, but that’s cool.
This is my go to thick fudgey brownie recipe, I use it almost every time I bake brownies. I have learned over the past where I had such a struggle baking brownies that this recipe never fails me, woo-hoo. But seriously, they are so thick and most that I don’t even know how to describe it to you. Like heaven in every bite. But unfortunately I’m sure they will add a little jiggle to your middle. But, come on now…does that really matter? They are just too good to pass up!!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter
- 1 (16 oz) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 pkg Oreo cookies
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese
- Heavy cream
- Powdered sugar (for sprinkling)
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- In a double boiler or in my case over a medium pan filled with a few inches of water covered with a pyrex bowl, melt together your chocolate chips and butter.
- While those are melting, in another bowl whisk together your flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- Once chocolate is melted, remove from heat and add your sugar slowly and stir until combined. Next add your eggs, one by one stiring after each addition.
- Finally stir in your vanilla.
- Fold your wet mixture into the dry until combined and pour into a greased 9″x13″ pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor add you Oreo's and pule until fine crumbs form.
- Cut your cream cheese into 4 pieces and add to food processor and blend.
- Once blended pour in cream a little at a time until a spreadable frosting forms.
- Once brownies are cooled, spread your Oreo Truffle frosting on top and sprinkle with powdered sugar.