OK I’m sure you’ve heard it so many times before. This is the best this or this is the best that. Well in all honesty this is the best chicken salad I’ve ever had and why I’ve named it The Best Chicken Salad. It is the only chicken salad I make. Do you ever get in your moods where you just want a chicken salad sandwich? I do more times lately than not. I think it’s because the weather is getting warmer and this reminds me of picnic food!
I know some people aren’t too keen on fruit in their salads. Usually I could take it or leave it. Lately I’ve been really into adding it to mine. I love the crisp juicy contrast to the chicken. We also add slivered almonds that give it some crunch and nutty flavor. Now I’m not a celery girl but if that’s how you roll, by all means add it! I added green onions in replacement of celery in this recipe. I just love those things!
My husband is always leery in trying new things especially when I tell him it’s the best…hasn’t he learned to trust me? Also, he is a miracle whip type of guy where I’m a mayonnaise girl so he gets a little on edge when his beloved isn’t used. But he had to let me know that he loved this and he had seconds. Woo-hoo win for me.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1/2-3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 Tbs minced dried onion
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 3 Tbs brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped grapes
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- In bowl mix your chicken and mayo together until combined.
- Add in your remaining ingredients and adjust taste to liking.
- Let cool until chilled, about 1 hour.
- We add the larger measurement of mayonnaise beause I like mine creamy. You can sub any of the ingreidents like the grapes and almonds for your favorite chicken salad ingredients!
To see where I’m linked at visit my Link Parties page and join the fun. Don’t forget to link up with me every Tuesday and Thursday night at 6pm for Wonderful Wednesday and Throwback Thursday!