Is everyone getting geared up for the holidays? Have all your shopping done? Started your baking yet? I’m trying to get all my stuff done ahead of time this year since we are taking the kids on vacation next week for their Christmas present and I seriously wont have any time when I come back to get everything I want to do in before Christmas actually hits.
If you have started your baking but want to bring that extra special treat to your next holiday party, look no further. These Egg Nog Jello Shots will please even the weakest of knees….or make a person weak in the knees. Either way, they are good and full of holiday flavor. Egg nog, rum, whip cream and cinnamon? If that doesn’t get you in the spirit I don’t know what will.
This is such a simple treat to make. Using just a few ingredients and the aid of your fridge (or freezer) you’ll have these babies ready to go in no time. It’s one of those recipes where I made it and brought it with me, but wasn’t able to get the quality photos that I wanted. I had to make due with what I had because there was no way I was letting this recipe get passed you guys! You’ll have so much fun and be the hit of the party this year!
- 1 cup water
- 1 pkg unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup egg nog
- 2/3 cup rum
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Whip cream
- Bring water to boil. Once boiling remove from heat and stir in your gelatin.
- Let cool for about 10-15 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until combined.
- Pour into shot glasses, condiment cups or a 9x9" baking pan.
- Refrigerate for about 6 hours until set.
- Top with whip cream and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- I made mine in a baking pan and scooped into indavidual shot glasses when serving. You can place in freezer for a quicker set up time.