I’ve been told that I love rich flavors. I told that person that they have a bland palette. Lol, that person is my mother. Mrs. Bland as They Come. I don’t know how we are even related. She doesn’t like veggies or fruits besides a select few. Doesn’t like the rich flavors from a decadent dessert and certainly doesn’t like spice. We are complete opposites and I think I may have been switched at birth…on the other hand my dad and I are alike and always have been, so luckily I get to share all my yummy goodness with him.
I love playing around in the kitchen and coming up with new flavors. We have a bakery that I adore but it’s about an hour away so I love trying to recreate some of my favorites from there. They have something called Dream Whips which consist of chocolate cake bottoms, a mousse filling and all covered in chocolate ganache. I am baffled on how they make it look so perfect! But I love it so much I had to try to recreate my own version of it.
Say hello to these Cookies and Cream Mousse Bars. Now I used the Cookies and Cream Cookie Butter from Trader Joe’s because I’m a cookie butter fan like that. This can be also be made with peanut butter and swap out the same amount for the cookie butter. You will just have Peanut Butter Mousse Bars instead, and to be honest is that really so bad? No, I didn’t think so.
These bars are so decadent and rich in flavor. PERFECT for the chocoholic in your life!! There is so much chocolate in this recipe you wouldn’t even know where to start. Keep in mind it does have mousse in it, so these bad boy’s have to be kept refrigerated or you will have some melty deflated bars. So kick up your feet and enjoy your self some chocolatey goodness!
- 1 pkg chocolate cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup cookies and cream cookie butter (or peanut butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a 9x13" baking pan with tin foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Mix together your cake mix, butter and egg. Press onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until center comes clean with toothpick.
- Set aside to cool.
- In medium bowl mix together your cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- Beat in cookie butter and vanilla.
- In separate bowl beat your heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into cookie butter mix.
- Layer on top of your crust, place in freezer to set up for a bit while you make your ganache.
- In medium sauce pan heat your heavy cream until it just starts to boil.
- Once bubbling remove from heat and pour in your chocolate chips, let sit for a few minutes.
- Stir chocolate into cream until melted. Set aside to cool.
- Remove bars from freezer and pour your ganache over top and spread around to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate until ganache is set.
- Cut and serve.
- If you dont like a thick ganache you can halve the recipe and it should still make enough to cover bars.
- Keep bars refrigerated.
To see where I’m linked at visit my Link Parties page and join the fun! Don’t forget to come party with us every Tuesday and Thursday nights at 6pm CST for Wonderful Wednesday and Throwback Thursday!