Ok, so I have to admit…my household has a slight addiction to Chinese food. Like when I say slight, I mean epic. It’s horrible and we should probably seek help but we just can’t help ourselves, we are total and complete junkies. Sadly our favorite Chinese place has been under-going renovations for the last few months and we have had to go without. Doesn’t keep us from trying to recreate some of our faves at home.
I know you’re probably thinking “this girl is off her rocker, this isn’t Chinese food.” You’re right it’s not, but it is Chinese inspired! Now I typically don’t keep the ingredients on hand for the traditional egg rolls so sometimes we just have to improvise. These Bacon Cheeseburger Egg Rolls have been something we have loved for a while now, it’s so simple but yet is so flavorful.
Love traditional bacon cheeseburgers? Don’t have your grill out anymore due to it no longer being that time of year (at least in Minnesota we have had to finally put them away for the season)? Want to switch up your normal burger routine and try something outside the box? Then you’re in luck, this is the perfect recipe for you and you should seriously continue to read.
Full of beef, bacon, cheese and onions these Bacon Cheeseburger Egg Rolls fry up in just minute and they are a food that the whole family will love! These are very kid friendly (my 2-year-old devoured them) as well as husband approved. So for your next week night meal, fry up a batch of these babies and you’ll have a great alternative to egg rolls that will be a new family favorite!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 small onion or minced onion
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8-10 egg roll wrappers (depending on how full you fill them)
- Oil for frying
- Preheat deep fryer or oil in pan to 375.
- In skillet brown your ground beef with your onion until no longer pink and onions are tender.
- Stir in your bacon and cheese and toss around until cheese is melted.
- Place about 2-3 Tbs of filling onto each egg roll wrapper.
- Roll up according to package directions.
- Fry in batches in oil until lightly golden about 2-3 minutes, turning once.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauces and enjoy!
To see where I’m linked at visit my Link Parties page and join the fun! Don’t forget to come party with us every Tuesday and Thursday nights at 6pm CST for Wonderful Wednesday and Throwback Thursday!