Another Monday is upon us! And we are only a few day’s away from the official day of fall! I hope everyone had an enjoyable last weekend of summer. I got the liberty of unloading patio block with my husband. I must say I’m one hurting unit today. 170 16×16″ 40 lb blocks by hand. Yup, you better believe that his girl is SORE! But in the end hopefully replacing our side walks at our house will be worth this painstaking labor my husband put me through. Lol, just kidding it wasn’t too bad. But I definitely give mad props to all you hard-working laborers out there! That is seriously some tough work. At least my husband took me out for breakfast to repay me for my kind service.
Speaking of this weekend, I was on a pumpkin kick! I mean come on, now that it’s acceptable to be making pumpkin I had to divulge and make as much as I could. I asked last week if it was too early to roll out the gingerbread recipes, well too bad if it is!! There was no holding back with these bad boys. This mama was craving and when I get that feeling, something is definitely going down!
These were perfect! So creamy with just the right amount of pumpkin flavor and a pop of the gingerbread from the crust. My gingerbread hating husband said these were so good, so I know it wasn’t just me! Ha, see I showed that boy, don’t tell him what it actually is until he get’s to decide on an unbiased plane! But no seriously, these were really good and I am going to make these over and over and over again until I get pumpkined out. If that is even possible, might take an overwhelming amount. Which one single store probably couldn’t even carry, so I think I’m good.
[Tweet “Time to roll out those #pumpkin recipes, while you’re at it might as well add a little #gingerbread to the mix!! “]
- 1 (14.5 oz) box Gingerbread Cake & Cookie mix
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Line a 9x13 pan with tin foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In bowl combine your gingerbread cake mix, melted butter and egg. Stir until combined.
- Spread mixture into bottom of pan and cook for about 15-20 minutes or until just set. Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile in another bowl, beat your cream cheese and sugar until fluffy.
- Add in your pumpkin and spices and beat to combine.
- Finally add your eggs and beat slowly until just blended.
- Pour cheesecake mix over your gingerbread crust and return to oven and bake for an additional 25-30 minutes or until center is set.
- Remove from oven and let cool on counter.
- Place in refrigerator and chill for an additional 1-2 hours.
- Cut and serve!
To see where I’m linked at visit my Link Parties page and join the fun! Don’t forget to link up with us every Tuesday and Thursday nights at 6pm CST for Wonderful Wednesday’s and Throwback Thursday’s!