Happy first day of Fall ya’ll. Ha, love that saying. We are expected to have some thunderstorms here in Minnesota today. I don’t see why we barely have any during the summer, but once fall comes its massive overload of rain and storms. I’m not going to complain though. I love the rain, I love being able to just hang out inside with my kids and watch movies and bake. Rain affords me to do that. That way I don’t feel guilty about not being outside on a nice warm sunny day.
Now that it’s Fall, that means that we are closer to Halloween! I love Halloween and so do my kids! I usually try to get dressed up with them every year and go out trick-or-treating! I find it great! This year I have a Cupcake Wars costume for my daughter, my husband and myself. Not too sure If I’m still going to use the portion for myself or not, I really like to get creative. We will see when the time comes and I will show off pictures to you all. This was from last year! I was Harley Quinn from Batman, and that lovely little man is my oldest son Jaiden! Aren’t we just so cute!
I love baking themed recipes! So you’ll likely be seeing a bunch of cute or maybe some scary Halloween inspired stuff coming out of my kitchen over the next month! I’m so excited!!! These monster cookies were great! If you guys don’t know Wilton makes these cute candy eyeballs that are great to bake with! Once the cookies come out of the oven I press these little guys right on top of the cookies to give it the extra “MONSTER” effect!! My kids adored these and had to bring them to school with them for snack time today!
Now like I’ve said before, I’m a soft cookie type of gal and these sure do fit the bill! Filled full of oatmeal, chocolate chips, M&M’s and peanut butter these are great for any occasion, especially Halloween! So why not whip up a batch of these creepy little fellers and share will all your friends! But make sure to be quick, you never know how long these little monsters will stick around!
[Tweet “Wan’t a #spooktacular treat for your kids for #Halloween? Try these #Monster Cookies!”]
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned or quick oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini M&M's
- 1 pkg Wilton Candy Eyes
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- In large bowl cream together your sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Mix in your eggs and vanilla until combined.
- In separate bowl combine your flour, baking soda and cornstarch. Slowly add into your butter/sugar mix until just combined.
- With spatula, stir in your oats, chocolate chips and M&M's.
- By heaping tablespoonfuls (2 per cookie) place dough onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until slightly golden on top.
- Remove from oven and gently press candy eyes onto warm cookies.
- Let cool on pan for about 5 minutes then transfer to cooling wrack to cool completely.
To see where I’m linked at visit my Link Parties page and join the fun! Don’t forget to link up with us every Tuesday and Thursday nights at 6pm CST for Wonderful Wednesday’s and Throwback Thursday’s!