Good morning everyone. Well it is now the second day of school and it seemed to be a lot easier to get my kids up and going today then it was yesterday. I hope that we fall into this routine for a while, because I know what it’s like to try to wake kids up repeatedly with no avail and I’m not looking to have a repeat of that this year. Usually it’s a problem of them not going to bed at a decent time and not wanting to get up. I have a bedtime of 8:00 in my house, but my kids seem to want to stay up chatting until who knows when. I’m sure we have all had our little culprits, then in the morning you got the cranky sad eyed little kids who complain that they are so tired, well kid, your fault not mine. I did my motherly duty of setting and enforcing a bed time. Sheesh!
So I made this Oreo Ice Cream Cake earlier this summer and my kids absolutely loved it. I couldn’t keep their (or my husband’s) hand’s off of it! It was gone in like 2.6 seconds. Which was good because it kept it away from this mama, because I would have devoured it all in like 1.6 seconds instead. Once I saw this dessert while I was doing my
daily hourly browsing of Pinterest I knew that this had to be made ASAP!
If you follow me on Twitter (if you don’t you really should, I’m fun I promise!) you seen that I found this little bag of heaven over at Walmart the other day. I’m literally in Walmart like every other day, I have a grocery shopping addiction. Yes it’s a real thing. If you seen my pantry, you’d understand. Anyways, I knew that I had to have these and that I would be using them soon. Didn’t take me long and they were being used! This really does save the hassle of buying the mini or full-sized candy bars and crushing up yourself and probably saves a lot of money. If i remember right these were in the mid $2 range and I didn’t even use the whole bad for this recipe!
See that right there, that is a peanut butter and Butterfinger Mousse layer that goes on top of the nummy Oreo crust. Now I was a bad blogger this time. I didn’t get pictures of the last two layers because my camera died. But I can tell you that the next layesr are chocolate pudding topped with cool whip and more Butterfingers. It’s seriously heaven in a pan, my picky little almost 2-year-old devoured this! So if it can please that little munchkin it can please anyone. You need to go make this now!!
[Tweet “Creamy layers of heaven in this Butterfinger Lush dessert! Go. Make. Now!”]
- 1 bag Oreo cookies
- 6 tbs butter, melted
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese, softened
- 16 oz. cool whip
- 1 (5.9 oz) box instant chocolate pudding
- 2 cup milk
- 1 bag Butterfinger baking bits
- Grease a 9x13" pan with cooking spray.
- In food processor add your Oreos and crush, add in your melted butter.
- Spread Oreos into prepared pan, refrigerate.
- In medium bowl add your cream cheese, peanut butter and powdered sugar and mix until light and creamy.
- Fold in 8 oz. of the cool whip then gently stir in about 3/4 cup Butterfingers. Spread over Oreo layer.
- In another bowl add your pudding and stir in milk, set aside to thicken, once thick spread over your peanut butter layer.
- Top with remaining cool whip and sprinkle with another 3/4-1 cup Butterfingers.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve!
Recipe adapted from here!
To see where I’m linked at visit my Link Parties page and join the fun! Don’t forget to link up with us every week at Wonderful Wednesday’s starting Tuesday at 6pm CST and for Throwback Thursday’s starting every Thursday at 6pm CST!