Craving Italian? Try this delicious Arancini – a delicious ball of rice, filled with cheese and bacon and deep-fried!
Who love out of the box foods? I know that I do for sure! Arancini is one of those foods that I fell for a long time ago! I’m not exactly sure the first time this delightful dish, but I’ve made it over and over and over since!
I’m sure we all have those days where we just feel so blah and we don’t feel like cooking anything. Yeah that was me. I didn’t have the energy to really do anything. But last night I couldn’t help myself. I was feeling so much better and I was literally craving these! Have you guy’s ever had Arancini or aka cheese filled balls of heaven? If not, race to your kitchen right now and get to making these!!
These nuggets of joy can be adapted to whatever cheese you’re in the mood for. Usually it has mozzarella cheese in the middle but unfortunately I didn’t have any! I did however have a nice big block of Muenster and that worked out quite well for me! Then you wrap cheesy rice around it, bread it, fry it and dip it. OMG mouth-watering.
Oh and did I mention that these babies contain bacon? No…oh well they do! And you all know that everything is better with bacon. I think they should just post that on big signs in the grocery store when your perusing around. Hey look here is some shrimp….oh but you know what would go good with shrimp, bacon! You get my drift right?
Sorry, I’m getting a little ahead of myself. This is just one of those recipes that I could always have on my go to list. It takes very few ingredients and is pretty quick to whip up! If you’re looking for a new addition to Italian night at home, give these a try!
- 2-3 cups cooked white rice
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 5 eggs
- 10 cubes mozzarella cheese (or cheese of your choice)
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- Oil for frying
- Marinara sauce for dipping
- Heat oil to 375.
- In bowl, mix together your rice, parmesan, 2 eggs, salt and pepper.
- Form portions of rice around cubes of cheese sprinkling a little bacon and oregano on top and press around cheese creating a ball shape, squeeze tightly to make sure they hold together. Repeat until all rice and cheese are used. If you have rice leftover that's ok.
- In small bowl whisk together your remaining eggs. In separate small bowl place your bread crumbs.
- Dip arancini in egg and then breadcrumbs until covered. Repeat for each remaining ball.
- Place 2-3 balls in oil until golden and heated through.
- Repeat until all are done. Serve with marinara sauce and enjoy!