A creamy, tasty and hearty soup this Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup is one of our families favorites!
I don’t know about you guys but I absolutely adore Olive Garden. My husband and I could eat there all the time, we are big pasta people and usually make some sort of pasta dish 1-2x a week. CARBLOVERS.
I was so happy a few years ago when I stumbled across the recipe section of the Olive Garden website. YES IT IS THERE! For those of you who didn’t know, Olive Garden offers recipes to a bunch of their different menu items and switches them up every so often. This one has become a regular in my household as well as their alfredo sauce, I mean come on, no brainer.
I’m a big gnocchi fan, usually I eat it with salt and butter though. I know weird right? In Minnesota we have something called Klub which is a big potato dumpling usually cooked with ham hock or bacon and served with butter and salt. Gnocchi tastes like the mini version of those.
So when I first started eating it a few years ago, I simply melted butter and sprinkled salt over it and was in heaven. We have something in Minnesota called Klub which is a big potato dumpling made with bacon or ham and gnocchi tastes like that!
Luckily these day’s I’ve branched out and can now say that I am going a little deeper with my recipes.This recipe originally used celery but I’m not a celery fan so I left it out, but go ahead and add it in if you’d like, I’m not going to discriminate completely!
So if you guys love soup, love Olive Garden and have less than an hour on your hands, make this!! Trust me, it will quickly become one of your families favorites just like ours.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 4 Tbs butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 2 tsp parsley flakes
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1 package (16 ounces) mini potato gnocchi
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- In large dutch oven or stock pot, melt butter and olive oil together.
- Add your onions, carrots and garlic and cook until onions become translucent.
- Whisk in your flour and let cook for a minute, slowly stir in your chicken broth and simmer until it starts to thicken up.
- Meanwhile in pan cook your gnocchi according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Add your milk to your veggie and chicken broth mix and bring to a boil, stir in your seasonings.
- Once at a boil reduce heat and add your gnocchi, spinach and chicken simmering until heated through and thickened.
- You can add celery to this recipe if desired, juts add about 1 cup chopped.
- If your soup is too thin for your liking add 1Tbs cornstarch mixed with 1Tbs cold water and stir into your soup until thickened.